Sunday, February 24, 2008

American Taxi Concert 2.15.08

At long last, I had the pleasure of seeing American Taxi in concert. What a great show it was. Before hand, I was looking forward to 2 things: 1. The breakdown immediately after Adam sings "the second you drop!" 2. The bridge on "Paper Covers Rock." I am happy to report that both of these concert moments were incredible, but I'd also like to give a rundown of the rest of the show.

I got to the concert just before The Young Sea went on. Seeing them was an added bonus as I really dig their song "Ghost White." Unfortunately though, that's really the only song by them that I care for. They did put on a good show (their drummer is amazing), but I don't think there's any way to describe their guitar riffs without using the word 'meandering.' After playing a set that was about 4 songs long but lasted for probably half an hour, it was time for American Taxi.

After a quick equipment change (which involved a garbage can, 2 kegs, and a wrench being put on stage), it was time for American Taxi. I turned to my friend, and we debated what song that they would open with (always a good way to pass the time while you wait for the band to go on). As good as I believe I am at this game though, I did not think to guess 'Ain't To Proud To Beg' as the opener. It was an awesome start to the show.

Another highlight was during "Maps And Medicine" when Adam and Jason did their best Stomp impersonation and played the kegs and garbage can with a wrench and drumsticks. Although I have never seen this done at a show before, it will now be something I expect to see at all future concerts I attend (including Kanye).

It was a great show overall. The band was fun to watch, were great interacting with the crowd, and really put on a good rock show. I really can't wait for these guys to make it big.

The setlist went a little something like this:

aint to proud to beg-->
shake, rattle and stall
maps and medicine
paper covers rock
new song
tanner boyle
champaign toast
the mistake
dead street

Expect pictures and video of the new song in the near future. I'm out for now

No comments:

Watch the latest videos on YouTube.com