Monday, February 18, 2008

Vampire Weekend 2.12.08


Before Tuesday I was completely unfamiliar with Vampire Weekend. I bought a ticket to go see them on a whim. Figured it would be something fun to do on a Tuesday night. Turns out it was one of the best concert ticket purchases I had ever made. Not just because they put on a great show (I didn't know any of their songs but was still bouncing around like I did), but because it introduced me to one of my new favorite bands. Their CD has been on repeat ever since. It's hard to describe their music, but if I had to generalize, I'd say it's like the Arctic Monkeys, except happy.....and good. If you haven't heard of this band yet, make it a priority to check them out (Mansford Roof, Cape Cod Kwasa Kwasa, and A Punk are all great).

Set List:

1. Mansard Roof
2. Campus
3. Cape Cod Kwasa Kwasa
4. Bryn
5. Ladies of Cambridge
6. M-79
7. A Punk
8. One (Blakes Got A New Face)
9. I Stand Corrected
10. The Kids Don’t Stand A Chance
11. (a new untitled song)
12. Oxford Comma
13. Walcot

No comments:

Watch the latest videos on YouTube.com